Senior Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer - PERM
5905 legacy Drive Plano, TX 75024
This Senior Cloud Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer will create, maintain, support and improve complex cloud operations. This person will apply their knowledge in a highly-energized, fast-paced, and innovative startup environment. This individual will be working on a global platform for the next generation connected big data solution. This is a progressive and collaborative DevOps environment, therefore it is essential that not only the skillset, but also the personality match such an environment.
- Proactively identify performance improvements in areas like responsiveness, availability, scale
- Manage, evolve, build CI/CD pipeline
- Maintain, support and build out infrastructure and services currently operating on AWS, Azure, other providers
- Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything but you need to know how to find the solution.
- Deliver solutions in a complex environment including fixed wireline networking, wireless, with distributed systems and applications
- Assist in building world-class, multi-cloud capable, state-of-the-art products by:
- Automating build processes
- Incorporating static code quality tools
- Helping identify code promotion qualities
- Including A/B, Canary, Blue/Green deployment patterns
- Building highly resilient cloud eco-systems capable of high availability and scale
- Shipping to Azure, AWS, or GCP
- With Docker containers, Kubernetes as an orchestrator, or as full VMs with base images
- You' re smart and can demonstrate it
- You want to make things work. Coming up with creative solutions comes naturally to you and you' re comfortable being set loose without a lot of direction
- Experience with public cloud (AWS or Azure) and Agile environments
- Strong CI/CD and Linux experience
- Experience with containerization using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with scripting and orchestration including Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Queueing experience such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or equivalent
- We think the knowledge acquired earning an BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value in this position, but if you' re smart and have the experience that backs up your abilities, for us, talent trumps degree every time.