1 Press Place, Ste. 200 Athens, GA 30601
Our client is dedicated to innovation, education, and empowering individuals to growth and learning new things in all phases of their career. We care about giving our customers the tools they need to succeed with ease and delight. We have bold ideas and big dreams, and an incredible team helping to make it happen. We love to work with people who are passionate about technology, learning, solving hard problems, and love what they do.
- Strongly serving the Product and Engineering Teams in their quest to deliver products that exceed the customer expectations via facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Active participant in sprint planning ceremonies ensuring new tasks are groomed and load balanced for appropriate sprint velocity
- Guide the team on self-organizing to fully realize the potential of Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitate in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Support and partner with the Product Team, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Provide all support to the teams using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Ability to understand the technical implementation approach including products, middleware integration and backend systems architecture.
- Ability and willingness to adapt Scrum processes to the companies needs and culture.
- BS/BA or greater and/or equivalent work experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) - Preferred
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 1 year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory. - Preferred
- Working within an Agile software engineering environment
- Experience in conducting daily SCRUM (one to two teams)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills