Alpharetta, GA 30005
- Responsible for the planning and facilitation of standard meetings to include; backlog preparation, iteration planning, retrospectives, iteration reviews and daily stand-ups
- Engages and assists the product owner to ensure that work requests are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed
- Works to identify blocked or stalled stories and assists the team in learning to resolve the issues or assists getting resolution
- Presents daily updates at “ scrum-of-scrums” (S2) if applicable
- Provides training to new team members regarding agile process
- Identifies additional team and individual training needs
- The Scrum Master may be tasked with some activities associated with traditional project management activities such as status reporting, budgets, staffing, project/product communication and others as needed
- Must be competent in all of the core areas of scrum including the Scrum framework, user stories, estimation, release, iteration and daily planning.
- Must be able to coach others.
- A Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent is required with 5 or more years of related experience.
- Certifications are helpful but not required.
- Must understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition as well as other tools designed to improve the process.
- Must be dedicated to continuous process improvement.
- Must be able to train others to understand new information quickly.
- Must consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.