2111 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22201
As a Sales Engineer you will be accountable for providing the Sales Team with effective pre-sales support to aid new client acquisition. You will be instrumental in supporting the development of existing key accounts as well as the acquisition of new clients, by attending and presenting at pre-sales and post-sale meetings.
- Support all pre-sales and post-sales activity through being able to provide the most up to date technical knowledge.
- Support the sales team with achieving revenue targets.
- Lead successful demonstrations to direct clients and partners by clearly explaining the technical features of the product.
- Building customized demonstrations based on requirements provided by clients during pre-sales process.
- Effectively demonstrate and promote technical features and functionality of the company.
- Effectively communicating the use and competitive attributes of company products.
- Preparing sales engineering reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing sales information and trends.
- Encouraging feedback from clients at product demonstrations and feeding this back to R&D.
- Efficiently managing technical questions from customers and partners.
- Effectively resolve technical escalation from partners and customers.
- Provide on-site service as necessary, to resolve any product problems.
- Deliver technical product training to existing customers.
- On-site or remote support of proof-of-concept implementations for the company
- Lead company product training internally and externally.
- Optimize resources and deliver development within specified time frames and to budget.
- Monitor early stages of installation
- Working knowledge of: databases, XML or JSON, Web services, Linux or Unix, basic programming (in Java or other languages)
- Business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Networking and business development capabilities.
- Ability to foster profitable and enduring relationships.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive sales strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt new technology.
- Capable and comfortable working in a small and distributed team.
- Comfortable supporting clients from multiple different time zones.