SQL Server Database Administrator
195 Technology Drive Irvine, CA 92618
- Diagnose and Resolve problems around database performance, capacity, replication, T-SQL, etc.
- Proactively monitor databases for errors and respond quickly and effectively to troubleshoot and resolve DB on-going issues on all environments DEV/QA/PROD.
- Coordinate and schedule DB downtimes to perform DB maintenance procedures. i.e. DB patching, upgrades, etc.
- Define Backup and Recovery strategies using technologies including: Netapp Snapshots, SnapManager for SQL, Idera SQLSafe or Native SQL Server Backup/recovery Tools.
- Perform advanced database administration activities including but not limited to: DB Performance Tuning, T-SQL tuning, Backup and recovery and DB disaster recovery solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other groups gathering requirements for new instance build outs or supporting existing applications.
- Analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, disaster recovery or high performance.
- Work independently or with other teams to design or participate in functional/performance tests.
- Create/update database documentation about standard procedures, DB technology features, or production issue troubleshooting.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering, Availability Groups.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team for performance and standard adherence.
- Work with development teams to deploy code in production when needed.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in Microsoft Windows/ SQL Server Technologies, .Net development.
- Experience working on 24x7 environments oriented towards a zero downtime target.
- Working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2008R2-SQL 2019 and Windows Server 2003+.
- Experience with ETL, DTS, T-SQL and SSRS, SSIS.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, in a team environment.
- Performance tuning for SQL server, queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Hands on experience with configuring and administering Log Shipping and SQL Availability Groups.
- Experience with SQL in virtual, physical and cloud-based environments.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies
- Experience with, or interest in learning, Oracle, mysql, Netezza, Hadoop database platforms, a significant plus.
- Experience with SentryOne a plus.
- Ability to code Powershell commands a plus.