2728 N. Harwood Street Dallas, TX 75201
Responsible for administration of all firm electronic databases and related issues at all locations. Manages and controls the firm' s data resources to ensure data integrity and security, recovers corrupted data, eliminates data redundancy; and improves database performance. The Database Administrator develops special applications and customized reports as required to support firm requirements and serves as the primary support individual for all in-house developed databases and other associated practice applications.
The Database Administrator conveys a professional image dedicated to helping the firm maximize the benefits of its communications and computer systems.
- Administer and control the firm' s electronic databases and data resources.
- Use data modeling and other data management techniques to analyze and specify data usage. Define logical views and physical data structures within an application area.
- Ensure data integrity and security, recover corrupted data and eliminate data redundancy through use of data warehousing, data dictionary software packages or similar tools to improve database performance.
- Oversee firm applications development projects and ensure coordination with users and other departmental staff. Provide timely updates and project status reports as required.
- Serve as a technical lead for new software installation and for the upgrade of production software and systems already in use. Act as focal point for associated communications with vendor' s technical consultants and support staff.
- Work with users to determine specifications for design, functionality, use, testing, acceptance and maintenance of applications programs to meet specific firm requirements. Provide training and instruction to users and Systems Department staff on proper use of in-house developed applications and customized software.
- Evaluate software and applications development tools to be used by the firm, perform analysis and diagnostics to ensure compatibility with other systems, and provide purchase recommendations and justification as required.
- Respond to trouble calls and help desk referrals, update associated databases, and follow up as appropriate.
- Coordinate issues that cannot be resolved in-house with appropriate third-party technician support in accordance with established maintenance/support agreements.
- Perform other special projects and administrative duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of and able to use database management tools and techniques and procedures including but not limited to code development, customization, macro and batch processes, data warehousing, thin/fat client systems, Internet/web-based database interface, data mapping/modeling and able to analyze and specify data usage within an application area.
- Advanced computer skills with an in-depth understanding of programming using Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Visual Basic, C++, ASP and experience with various report writing tools including Crystal Reports as used in a client/server, Windows-based environment.
- Possess strong organizational, problem solving, oral and written communication skills, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines while under pressure troubleshoot and correct problems.
- Dependable and able to work extended hours to meet Firm needs. Can follow instructions and work without direct supervision.
- Able to keep information incidental to the execution of their duties confidential.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or related field with two years database administration experience or five years programming work experience with at least two years in database administration.