SCRUM TEAM- Quality Engineer
11432 Lackland Road St. Louis, MO 63146
• Unlike similar Quality roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of software development, architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the life cycle of a product development.
• This position will be responsible for delivering the Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration)
• Position requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position delivers the product quality deliverables, and release level quality
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Product Architecture to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Works on quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation tasks covering all key practice areas including web, API, and batch jobs testing.
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst various delivery teams.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Bachelor/Master’ s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with Quality Engineering practices and concepts.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure 80% or higher code coverage.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Proficient with Test Case and Defect Management skills across SDLC process is required
• Demonstrated software development, testing, and coding skills are required
• Good knowledge of architecture, common design patterns, test data generation tools highly desirable.
• Expertise in agile delivery, and life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies and automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc)