6501 Legacy Dr , 1350 Rene-Levesque Blvd., W., 1 Houston, TX 77001
Contract opportunity in Houston, TX
Our global client is growing their Release Management team to help deploy, manage, troubleshoot, and enhance our complex cloud-based services for a wide variety of customers.
As a Release Engineer you will build, maintain and integrate multi-site infrastructure deployments. The new technology stack includes (AWS), Docker/K8S, NoSQL/SQL database, and a range of monitoring tools. Your focus will be on automation and continuous integration to maximizing system uptime.
- Routinely merge source code between branches in a complex branching setup.
- Build, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, build, integration, release tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
- Develop processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization.
- Influence the team’ s technical and business strategy by making insightful
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience implementing IaaC using Terraform.
- Solid knowledge of distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git and Mercurial.
- Experience in one or more of the modern SCM tools such as SVN, Perforce, Git, Mercurial, Hudson, Gerrit, Review Board, Maven, CruiseControl, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo, Make, Scons, Ant.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL.
- Experience in Linux development environments.
- Solid Experience with one or more - make, ANT, Ivy, Maven, Jenkins and Eclipse development platform