Quality Assurance Engineer III
Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Review and analyze requirements and technical documents, where available, by implementing and conducting formal requirements walkthroughs/inspections.
- Learn, master and eventually take ownership of the internally developed test automation framework.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and scripts for technical testing.
- Define the scope and test approach/strategy for system, integration, data integrity and document the same.
- Perform end-to-end and technical testing, coordination with various teams as needed.
- Design manual UI test cases for system testing and document them in test management tool.
- Define, build, and maintain test data sets and reusable test data libraries.
- Log, track and manage issues throughout their lifecycle using JIRA.
- Manage test environment usage, including coordinating with the release management and admin teams
- Working knowledge of Java and J2EE fundamentals
- Strong data testing – SQL database query tools
- Proven ability to create, design, and execute manual and automated tests plans, and automating regression test suites
- Proven experience with defect tracking applications (JIRA preferred)
- Familiarity testing within an Agile development environment desired.
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools.
- Solid oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels internally and externally.
- 3 to 5+ years of QA experience.