Manhattan, NY 10010 | Contract To Hire
Role: Python Developer
Location: Manhattan, NY
- Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
- Develop web services and other programs in Python.
- Solve big data challenges. We consume trillions of events per day.
- Develop in a variety of technologies including Tornado, NumPy, Panda, PostgresSQL and AWS Lambda.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of backend development experience
- 3+ years of Python development experience is required
- 2+ years of data intensive backend development experience
- Expertise in data science and analysis, distribute data processing, bot detection and/or browser fingerprinting is a big plus
- Knowledge of statistics fundamentals is preferred
- Strong Linux and Bash skills is preferred
- Experience with PostgreSQL is preferred
- Experience with AWS Lambda and API Gateway is preferred
- Experience with C and/or C++ is a plus
- Must have strong SQL skills including development of stored procedures, view, tuning, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux is required
- Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members