San Jose, CA 95113
Our client is looking for a PM in downtown San Jose, CA .The Project Manager must understand project management & agile processes, as well as the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for waterfall, agile, and hybrid approaches.
A working knowledge for IT infrastructure, systems integration and application development is essential. Leverages expertise to understand impacts to projects, proactively manage risks, coordinates and quickly resolves issues, and provides leadership and guidance to project teams. This role requires collaboration across teams and will work closely with Development Managers. The ability to address director level audiences, stakeholders, leadership, business acumen, and strong relationship management skills at all levels of the organization (Business & IT) are also required.
This role will be responsible for supporting the agile practices of the project teams to successfully deliver projects. A strong understanding of project governance in the context of large scale project management, software development, and testing life cycles is a required.
- Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Promotes and supports Lean/Agile mindset and practices.
- Drives projects from tactical and strategic perspectives.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with both IT and business units to report project health and status.
- A high level of independence to lead and influence others.
- Responsible for and expected to lead teams in the Project Management areas of Communications, Time, Scope, Quality, Integration, Resource, and Risk Management.
- Assists and supports organizational change management.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies.
- Ability to identify and resolve project issues effectively.
- Ensure that projects follow standard policy, procedures, and methodology.
- Responsible for leading large complex projects, or multiple medium size projects, that spans multiple systems and business areas.
- Works with other project managers to manage interdependencies.
- Project contingency planning through risk identification, prioritization and response planning.
- Ensure project change management processes and procedures are followed.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher from an accredited college/university
- PMP (Project Management Professional) ® Certification
- Experience with Planview and Version One
- Experience in business solution development, project management, and project delivery
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the system development life cycle
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
- Experience engaging and working with vendors/partners to effectively deliver projects
- Experience developing complex, project plans to meet business objectives
- Proven experience in project change management
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio