Product Project Manager
5 Concourse Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30328
PAS and Product Project Manager
Manages large projects with significant impact on business processes and technology. Manages complex project from project initiation, project planning, requirements definition, build, testing, production readiness, implementation and warranty. Collaborates extensively with business unit subject matter experts and 3rd party software partners. Monitors progress of 3rd party software partner for Build. Manages dependencies (in-bound and out-bound) with other project teams such as testing QA, SIT and UAT), data conversion, infrastructure, production readiness, change management, business migration and implementation cut-over.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems or Business and a minimum of eight (8) years of project management experience
- Insurance industry experience – minimum of five (5) years
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) highly preferred
- Aggregate all information, actively challenge inputs, and bring program-wide perspective to project to facilitate creation and maintenance of a realistic dependency driven schedule.
- Responsible for the overall project schedule, manage the client section of the schedule and deliverables. Manage dependencies (successors and predecessors) within project and between projects.
- Drive with intensity day-to-day project activity to control scope, schedule, and budget (including activities in Blueprinting, Build, Test, Production Readiness, Warranty and Close Out.) Follow up to close out open items expeditiously.
- Advise Business Subject Matter expert and sponsor on management of scope/schedule/budget.
- Enforce program operating standards defined by the PMO.
- Proactively drive, and manage risk, issue, and change control management processes, including ensuring that RAID log and project status accurately reflect the health of the project.
- Prepare project level status reports in collaboration with project team in compliance with defined governance.
- Interprets info from Business Subject Matter Expert, PMO, Sponsor, and other project stakeholders to set status, and escalates any misalignment to program manager and sponsor.
- Identify and escalate issues, risks and required decisions to all appropriate Program team members in a timely manner.
- Facilitate weekly project control meetings.
- Responsible for project administrative activities (e.g. invoice reconciliation, validation of resource hours, scheduling of meetings, etc.). Can delegate to PC if available.
- Drives teams with intensity and attention to details