11432 Lackland Road St. Louis, MO 63146
The Product Owner is the primary product specialist for the squad. The Product Owner will work with management and business unit SMEs to elicit business requirements and translate into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Own and manage the team’ s backlog(s)
- Participate actively in planning activities for the Program Increment
- Lead the development team through all activities to support Sprint activities
- Key stakeholder in product related decisions and release planning
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the initiatives and features
- Works to drive value as a function of cost, time, functionality and quality
- Evaluate the product roadmap to identify features for development and identify “ definition of done” for each feature
- Works with the Architect(s) and Tech Lead(s) to identify non-functional requirements such as infrastructure needs (Cloud migration projects preferred)
- Planning and coordination of releases
- Works with Quality Assurance team member(s) to identify test cases for automated testing
- Coordinates with business customers to conduct product integration testing
- The Product Owner is heavily involved in working with the Product Architects to refine the Program Backlog to prepare for the PI (Program Increment) planning sessions.
- The Product Owner must prepare in advance to update the team backlog to estimate features for the upcoming Program Increment.
- Activities will include leading the development team to size features and stories, and determine what can be committed in the Program Increment based upon the team’ s established velocity.
- The Product Owner is involved with story definition, providing clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and story sequencing, and drafting the team’ s specific objectives for the upcoming Program Increment (PI).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in IT as a Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Experience in delivering cloud-enabled products using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Possesses a deep understanding of web service technologies, and cloud migration
- Experience with Product & Technology Roadmap development through influence of key business and technology stakeholders to identify business priorities
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills
- Possesses a willingness to empower as well as inspire commitment and positive attitude in the team
- Possesses an inquisitive and innovative mindset with a demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities to create distinctive value is desired
- Experience as a Scrum Product Owner is preferred
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework is preferred • Experienced with evaluating workload to drive efficiency