5465 Legacy Drive Suite 30 Plano, TX 75024
- Our client in Plano is looking to immediately add a Product Owner to their growing team.
- You will use the latest tools and methodologies, and will work with “ big name” companies across multiple industries vs. being siloed to one.
- We are in the process of transformation. What does that mean for you? Massive opportunity - specifically, in this role! We are transforming our Professional Services Team to become truly Agile. Our current Business Analysts are becoming Product Owners, so you would have the chance to make an impact quickly with your knowledge of a true Agile environment. This is your opportunity to implement best practices and share your knowledge with teammates.
- We’ re the global leader in loyalty and customer relationship management solutions, and we’ re growing. Our exciting, culture-focused company is looking to add Product Owners who embrace challenges and is eager to work with complex solutions
- You won’ t be a cog in a machine or just a billable resource. You have a seat at the table, will work on complex solutions and become a true resource that is the heart of our company.
What are our needs and “ nice to haves” for this role- BIG PICTURE?
- People that tend to love the company are cut from the cloth of:
- Has experience with truly owning a product.
- Is able to holistically look at our business, programs and platform- being the “ go-to.”
- Has an analytical mindset.
- Sees the big-picture but also very detailed, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Has a client relationship mindset.
- Is cross-functional and super collaborative.
- Understands how data moves through the process.
- Has the unique blend of business and marketing technology product expertise and enjoys collaborating with stakeholders and developers to bridge the gap between the user’ s needs and development.
- Has database experience- able to write SQL query, comfortable with relational databases.
What is the Nitty-Gritty of this role/Day in the life?
- Listening to the needs of our clients and being able to translate to other teams, put together user stories and acceptance criteria for a robust, data-heavy, customizable proprietary platform.
- Wrapping your brain around data-feeds and APIs.
- A fast-paced environment with weekly/monthly software releases.
- Long-term client projects.
- Managing client expectations.
- Leading meetings.
- Taking a leading role in resolution of escalated issues, and advocate for enhancements in subsequent product releases as necessary.
- Defining, developing and maintaining the client’ s vision to internal cross-functional team, as well as evangelizing the product. Our cross functional team consists of- Technical Engineers, PM/Scrum Masters/Anchors, BA/PO, Client Services team, etc.
- Collaborating with product architect and product marketing teams to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement.
- Developing and maintaining an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Working with project managers and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
- Working with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners.
- Inspiring and motivating the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting cloud-based solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Acting as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary technical contact for queries related to the product.
- Working with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product releases.
What experience aligns with this role?
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner.
- 3 - 5 years of experience developing epics, user stories in an Agile environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining feature-level product roadmaps and product backlogs.
- Experience with Design Thinking or Human Centered Design.
Get a leg up on your competition:
- Send us examples of Epics, user stories you have written yourself.