PHP Software Engineer
235 Peachtree Street NE Suite 2300 Atlanta, GA 30303
PHP Software Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
The PHP Software Engineer position is a challenging and influential career opportunity. In this role, you will interact directly with Product Management, Software Engineering, and the Architecture Team to discover, clarify, and understand product and solution requirements. Based on these requirements, you will participate in planning and implementing the required solutions. Development will involve individual programming as well as working within a team. The solutions must adhere to highly available architectures and automated software testing techniques.
· Meet with stakeholders and product management team to define, review, elaborate and document system requirements (user interface, functional and non-functional requirements).
· Provide second and third level support that delights customers and solves client issues.
· Design effective and efficient technical solutions.
· Perform thorough impact analysis where changes are being made to existing applications so that breakage in existing functions is minimized.
· Develop low defect code.
· Meet target delivery dates as assigned.
· Practice Agile development techniques.
· Write architectural and code-level documentation.
· Create opportunities to share business and technical knowledge across teams.
· Resolve complex business and technical problems.
· Report, monitor, and resolve software defects.
· Develop and implement software that supports interoperability.
· Participate in code peer reviews.
· Review test objectives and test cases.
· Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline.
· 3+ years of experience building web applications.
· Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Technical Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
· Prior database design and implementation experience.
· Experience working with Agile methodologies.
· Object oriented principles of abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism.
· Dependency analysis for software component interactions.
· Practical object-oriented programming using PHP, Python, or Java.
· Prior experience with Unit and Frontend Testing Frameworks such as PHPUnit and Selenium
· Knowledge of web services technologies such as REST and SOAP.
· Demonstrated ability to optimize software performance and scalability.
· Capability to document system requirements, including user interface, functional and non-functional behavior.
· Continuous integration and automated build tools such as Jenkins and Ansible.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to research and then rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
· High degree of attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality.
· Strong sense of pride and passion to develop high quality, clean code that exceeds client expectations.
· Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task multiple projects and objectives.