Oracle Database Developer
385 East Colorado Boulevard Pasadena, CA 91101
This role is responsible for the development, implementation and testing of data extraction, transformation and load programs for large database projects. As part of the technical delivery team, the Senior Database Developer will work with the internal project delivery team to design solutions and implement programs according to the requirements and timelines specified in each statement of work.
· Works with Tech team, understand the business requirements, functional and technical specifications.
Analyzes and defines data flow requirements and prepares applicable system documentation and operation manuals as needed.
· Develop using core solution standards and implements initial data loads for financial database projects.
· Performs transformation and loading of data according to the business specifications.
· Supports production data loads and ongoing refreshes of the database systems.
· Defines, prepares, executes and implements data validation and unit testing methods to ensure data quality.
· Performs enhancements and bug fixes as required.
· Maintain re-useable development standards that help implement each solution and/or enhancements to existing systems to meet current and future needs.
· Responsible for maintenance of applications with Oracle 12C with Linux software
· Must have strong experience in Oracle packages, procedures, functions, analytics functions, exchange partitions, bulk load functionalities
· Must have strong Unix Shell scripting be able to come up with functions, create custom wrappers to support the file load process
· 24X7 on-call rotation needed to support daily batch load and data warehouse and MART refresh. Receive text alerts and respond to issues/failures.
· Required to provide monthly weekend support for planned release/ upgrades/ patching/ maintenance.
· Bachelor' s Degree preferred or equivalent relevant professional work experience.
· 7 years of overall Oracle database development experience
· 7 years of experience in Unix scripting
· 5 years of experience in data warehouse development.
· Experience in windows batch scripts/been able to create API calls a plus.
· Financial services experience preferred.
· Abinitio ETL Tool
· Oracle 12C, SQL, PL/SQL, Linux, Autosys batch scripting, Perl, Python scripting.
· Database performance tuning
· Automation experience
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly
· Motivated to learn new applications and domains
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to take full ownership of tasks and projects
· Experience in Finance Industry a plus