Mobile Engineering Manager
3 Ravinia Drive , Suite 2900 Atlanta, GA 30350
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead app development strategy for the global application and delight millions of customers each year with outstanding digital innovations.
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and guest experience design teams across functions to bring an outstanding digital experience to life for our guests, and maintain a product lifecycle which continually adds compelling new features and capabilities.
- Manage strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Manages vendors performance, SLA’ s and provide timely communications and status reports to business partners
- Oversees proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Ensures documentation of project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Manages the efficiency of the facilitation of design, development, and implementation of real time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Manage relevant projects to ensure stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of systems issues in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets.
Bachelor' s or Master' s Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Typically a minimum of 10+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Experience in leading and developing people directly or indirectly.
- Experience in partnering with and/or leading geographically diverse teams (onshore, nearshore, offshore)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge, in addition to experience, in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Ability to strategically demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills needed to develop efficient and effective solutions for cross-platform technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Proficient knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines required:
- Developing and/or managing teams that design and develop Apple iOS and Google Android apps
- Knowledge of current mobile application design and development best practices
- Performance monitoring, debugging, crash root cause analysis
- Mobile automated test frameworks (Appium, etc.)
- End-to-end deployment automation of mobile apps
- Managing and releasing mobile apps on the Apple and Google app stores
- Amazon Web Services