Linux System Administrator
2150 W 29th Ave Denver, CO 80211
- Setup and maintain server hardware and operating systems.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of network services, equipment and devices.
- Design, develop, and execute test plan based on software requirements.
- System Integration responsibility to provide automate and integrate multiple systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies.
- Automate operations by writing scripts.
- Support the NOC and tier 2/3 support organizations.
- Infrastructure and process documentation.
- Bachelor' s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience with Linux systems.
- At least 3-4 years experience in System Administration of Linux servers (Debian and CentOS 7).
- Experience in troubleshooting server issues related to systems and applications such as Postgres, Nginx, DNS, etc.
- Experience with system hardening and familiarity with iptables and selinux.
- Experience with data center servers including blade servers from HP and Dell.
- Experience with orchestration tools for installation and configuration (e.g. kickstart, salt, ansible)
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. SIP, TCP/IP, REST, BGP).
- Scripting skills (e.g. Python, Ruby, shell/bash)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented and self motivated.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VoIP (SIP) and related rfc’ s.
- TDM and PSTN experience (SS7, ISDN, etc.).
- Experience with open source PBX software such as Freeswitch, Asterisk, Kamailio, OpenSips, etc.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, tools, and pipelines.