Lead Wireless Core Engineer
6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Atlanta, GA 30328
LEAD WIRELESS CORE ENGINEER
FULLTIME ROLE IN ATLANTA, GA
We are searching for a Lead Wireless Core Engineer to support architecture, design, deployment and support of core network functions across a cutting-edge cloud native 5G standalone network. Engagement with vendor personnel regarding new services and features as well as upgrades. Participate in the investigation of innovative 5G technologies to improve the network functions infrastructure. Ensure that solutions adhere to defined industry standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices. Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technical areas. Theoretical knowledge and/or hands on experience with 5G core network design, integration and implementation as well as hands on experience with LTE Evolved Packet Core (EPC) platforms. Knowledge and/or documented work experience with the following core network functions: SMF, UPF, AMF, NRF, NSSF, PCF, UDM, AUSF, UDR, N3IWF, W-AGF, and ePDG. Cloud native and Service-Based Architecture experience and principle knowledge including microservices and Kubernetes containerized orchestration layer. Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD methodology as well as subscriber policy (HSS/HLR), OSS and BSS protocols for billing and provisioning interfaces. Knowledgeable with Interoperability Testing methodologies. General understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS, SRV6, TCP/IP, ICMP, UNIX, Linus and various scripting languages as well as expertise with routers, switches, protocols and networking technologies.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and execute detailed core network design, specifications and architectural plans for wireless core network.
- Creates test strategies; tests, validates and documents cases for functionality or performance across existing and new technologies supporting wireless architectures.
- Employs a high level of critical thinking and analysis bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or departmental challenges.
- Develops or engages others in providing innovative solutions to important, highly complex, strategic and operational challenges.
- Conducts equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot testing and network designs to insure reliability and scaled expansion of the network.
- Prepares engineering cost analysis to optimize the return on investment.
- Supports deployments of new wireless services, systems, applications and architectures with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Partners with change management for impact identification, network validation, MOP creation and execution of activities.
- Establishes network performance measurements and goals.
- Drive vendors toward open standard, reliable, scalable, and more cost-effective architectures.
- Actively participates and influences industry forums such as CableLabs, OnGo, Wireless Broadband Association, 3GPP, IEEE, etc.