20205 North Creek Pkwy Bothell, WA 98011
Contract role in Bothell, WA
We are looking for a Java and Python Developer who will create high performance real time scalable applications to support our analytics and marketing teams. The ideal candidate is adept at highly concurrent programming and fault tolerant architecture. The ideal candidate should be capable of building and implementing end to end solutions utilizing very large data sets in a highly available environment. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams to create solutions that will be usable across many organizations.
- Develop highly available high speed server side applications for data processing and real time analytics
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available systems.
Qualifications for Java and Python Developer
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on concurrency and high availability.
- Proven working experience in Java development
- We’ re looking for someone with 5-7+ years of programming experience, has a BS or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools or their functional equivalent:
- Coding knowledge and experience with languages: Java, Python, SQL
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Knowledge and experience with DBMS
- Knowledge and experience with columnar storage
- Experience querying databases and using various languages: Java, R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced high speed processing programs