Intermediate - Software Tester
115 Central Island Street Suite 200 charleston, SC 29492
Software Test Engineer
The Quality Assurance Analyst position requires strong analytical skills and will involve design, analysis, modeling behavior and validating functional and design requirements. This will include end to end testing of the front end UI to verification of the database content. It also requires an ability to manage extremely complex processes, to see a problem and abstract the problem into its most likely root cause.
The incumbent will also be responsible for writing documentation to describe test cases, business logic, use cases for applications and operating procedures. Experience with manual and automated testing required. The incumbent will participate in designing and implementing automated test suites.
The position requires at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. You must have a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Work with minimal supervision and direction while achieving superior performance
• Ensure that all deliverables meet the quality standards
• Run System, installation, integration, regression and other tests
• Manage your own QA environments
• Manage multiple QA versions
• Manage virtual machines required to support the QA environments
• Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues
• Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
• Assist in managing a relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyze data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
• Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
• Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Verify database and data integrity.
• Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
• Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
• Should have a minimum of 5 years of QA experience with at least 3 years hands-on, manual and automated testing
• Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
• Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
• Background in Microsoft platforms and operating systems.
• Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
• Strong time management skills with effective results focus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
• Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
• Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Working in and with Agile development teams
• Basic application development / programming skills
• Experience with Protractor, Test Complete, or Soap UI suite of tools