Information Technology Support Technician
1350 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30004
The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing end users with technical support of networked devices, printers, desktops, laptops and peripheral devices. The IT Support technician will provide deployment, software installation, testing of network connections and troubleshooting services. The Support technician will have daily interaction with end user and will provide the highest level of customer service to both the end users and other IS staff. The IT Support Technician will work under the direction of senior IT staff, who will also mentor the technician for career growth.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients and customers.
- Responsible for providing first level support including maintenance, updating, modification, troubleshooting, and assessment of all supported computers, printers, and other devices.
- Troubleshoot various technical problems with workstations and standalone PCs, laser and other printers, network connectivity, and peripheral hardware and bring issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Review assigned tickets in the tracking system and take appropriate action to resolve issues. Ensure that all tickets are updated with information in a timely manner
- Prioritize and escalate problems within given guidelines
- Utilize stored information and documentation to help resolve issues
- Demonstrate the ability to work with moderate supervision and direction
- Triage calls to appropriate groups if call cannot be resolved
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret applicable technical documentation, system reports, software licenses and contract
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE RQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma required. 2 year college program certificate, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Two years IT experience in a customer services focused environments preferred.
- Industry standard certifications such as Microsoft Certified Desktop Technician (MCDST), CompTIA A+, and/or CompTIA Network+ is preferred
- Hands on PC experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
- Expert knowledge of PC hardware and associated subsystems
- Expert knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 10)
- General knowledge of MSOffice, Exchange, IE, Office 365.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory,, Windows 2012
- General knowledge of printer hardware and experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting
- General knowledge of basic data communications networking equipment, including hubs, routers and cabling infrastructure
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN internetworking protocols
- General network cabling skills.