Information Technology Manager
1350 Bluegrass Lakes Parkway Alpharetta, GA 30004
Information Technology Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION & REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Responsible for procuring and maintaining IT infrastructure, developing Line of Business (LOB) applications and business intelligence platforms, either individually or part of a team utilizing industry standard technologies and platforms such as SQL, .NET, Java etc.
NOTE: This position requires that IT Manager spend 50% or more of the time designing and developing solutions in hands-on fashion.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related fields required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Working with Business Users and Developing Business Application Requirements.
- Relational Databases: At least one of MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Business Intelligence platforms such as Power BI, SSMS, SSRS etc.
- Full Stack Development
- Developing integrations with other LOB applications, external applications and systems
- Excel Macros utilizing VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Active Directory based IT Infrastructure
- LAN/WAN including Firewalls, Switches, VPN alliances
- Working with or leading offshore development teams.
- Accounting/Financial systems (Sage X3, Dynamics etc)
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative over diverse project areas.
- Work with non-technical LOB users to:
· Understand and develop business requirements
· Conceive, design and implement technical solutions to address business requirements
· Help develop documentation and training for non-technical users.
- Lead the IT Infrastructure team to
· Maintain highly available infrastructure and network
· Procure hardware and software as necessary
· Provide superior technical helpdesk service
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients and customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with moderate supervision and direction
- Be available to handle emergency issues off hours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Works in a supportive and collaborative manner with the IT staff
- Leads the IT staff in a manner which maximizes the overall business effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact professionally with other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact professionally with external contacts such as customers, vendors, and manufacturers.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to recognize and deal with priorities in a manner related to high level administrative activities and duties.
- Uses available time during any workday in a wise and productive manner to maximize work efficiencies.
- Spends reasonable additional time beyond normal working hours as may be required to meet project demands.