Information Security Advisor
5850 Granite Parkway, ste 1200 plano, TX 75024
The Information Security Advisor will join a team charged with providing technical guidance to support the Information Security program. The advisor will work with all areas of the business as needed, including information technology, product, compliance, audit and legal to ensure that information assets and process are protected at all levels.
• Review and contribute to design of security controls to cover key information technology applications, infrastructure and capabilities, including: identity & access management; endpoint and server protections, network security, database security, mobile device security, data protection, cloud security and solution development.
• As directed, partner with all areas of the Information Security team and Enterprise Architecture to maintain security standards across the enterprise.
• Build solid working relationships with Information Technology, Legal, Compliance and other business stakeholders, to maintain and improve processes to support security requirements.
• Educate and inform Business Technology Services leadership about upcoming information security industry and regulatory changes, emerging threats, and the latest security trends.
• Contribute to the information security knowledge base by maintaining records of collaboration and review exercises, recommendations, findings and other observations gained during consulting activities.
• Contribute to information security policies and standards, procedures and other documentation as needed to improve information security capabilities.
• Deep technical knowledge and experience of at least two of the following information technology and security control areas: business applications (web and non-web), system platforms, storage, directory services, end user computing, and network (physical, virtual, internal, cloud).
• Experience collaborating with globally-positioned offices or business partners.
• Demonstrated strength in organized written and verbal communications.
• 4+ years’ experience in Information Technology / Enterprise Information Security
• 2+ years’ experience performing security assessments for a large enterprise
• 3+ years SME level work experience in related areas of Information Security Engineering, Architecture, Security Design, Application Development, Security Operations and/or Cloud Security.
• Working knowledge of security standards frameworks (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, GDPR, COBIT, NIST, OWASP, CSA)
• Understanding of financial services industry highly desired. Payment Card experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Minimum: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Preferred: Advanced degree
• Professional security or technical IT certification preferred (examples may include: CISM, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, MCSA, CCNP, RHCE, RHCA, others accepted)
• Motivated self-starter
• Superb communicator
• Travel 0 - 25%