IT Project Manager V
8310 N Capital of Texas Hwy, Building 2 STE 250 Austin, TX 78731
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
- Provide a complete view of the overall project to all stakeholders
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in project planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the project; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to set expectations and ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.);
- Define project governance outlining roles and responsibilities and decision rights
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project.
- Ability to lead multiple, concurrent projects.
- Proactively communicate the project’ s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions.
- Maintain project artifacts throughout the life of the project. Support all related project tracking methods and systems to ensure accurate project information is available and is reported on time.
- Lead project team in brainstorming, root cause analysis, or similar problem solving techniques to assist in resolving issues, architecting solutions, or defining process improvements.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or higher in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent desired
Type of work experience required:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Project Manager or equivalent position responsible for defining and managing project scope, timelines, profitability, and effective delivery of solutions
- At least 1 year experience working with a PPM tool such as HP PPM, Clarity, or Planview
- Proficient with Project Management tools such as MS Project
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle
- Experience in driving medium – large size projects within an organization
- Financial industry experience and/or manufacturing
- Master’ s Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology or related field
- ITIL, Lean, or Six Sigma
- Experience with portfolio management
- Strong communicator – able to identify and clearly communicate the impact of project risks to budget, timeline and scope to relatively non-technical co-workers and key business stakeholders with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to direct internal and external resources and build strong relationships
- Solution oriented mindset – creative use of technology and alternative approaches. “ No” is not in your vocabulary
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to high quality deliverables
- Able to work with teams to balance solution vs. budget, schedule, and tools
- Appreciation of high quality visual design, marketing strategy, business strategy, and user experience disciplines
- Cool under pressure, able to manage many details and priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience using standard project management tools such as MS Project, Clarity, or Planview
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with C-level executives