223 Perimeter Center Parkway Atlanta, GA 30346
Coordinates the entry of employee HR/Benefit information and receives and processes requests for assistance via telephone, fax, and e-mail on a variety of HR administrative and Benefits-related topics, and/or technical support on HRIS/Web portal issues.
- Process first-level requests with exemplary customer-focus while achieving best balance between maximum customer satisfaction, efficiency, productivity and compliance with applicable laws. ServiceNow system used for ticket creation of all requests.
- Explain and interpret company policies to employees and dependents in such areas as leave policies, health, dental, life, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, etc. Act as liaison when necessary to resolve issues.
- Work with regional HR partners to coordinate annual benefits open enrollment process, provide information sessions and webinars and respond to questions. Prepare materials for field locations.
- Explain pension and retirement benefits programs, guiding employees on how to contact third-party providers. Acts as liaison when necessary to resolve issues.
- Assist employees and their managers with employee leaves of absence policies, explaining the procedures and FMLA (if applicable) request process to employees and providing managers with weekly status reports on leave duration. Perform duties in compliance with FMLA, the ADA, USERRA, and other applicable laws, ensuring that employees receive necessary notifications and paperwork and records are stored according to HIPAA and other stipulations.
- Provide exiting employees with information on cessation of benefits and their eligibility and transition to applicable programs under COBRA. Handle terminated employees with tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Monitor and enter data based on procedures for HR and benefits; tracks eligibility for pending access to benefits, leave status, family status changes, and other pertinent information into HRIS software (PeopleSoft). Responsible for promptness and accuracy.
- Identify employees with pending retirement and assist them with the processing of paperwork. Assist HR colleagues with transitioning retirees, including conducting webinars or traveling to locations and presenting information sessions to pending retirees if needed.
- Generate timely and accurate reports and forms from HRIS and route to applicable parties.
- Assist managers, employees and retirees in the completion of paperwork and web forms when needed.
- Work to maintain focus on the customer and escalate more complex requests and issues to HR manager for resolution.
- Continuously seek to improve quality of service delivery, taking into consideration supervisor coaching and customer feedback.
- Audit forms, examine and submit or escalate questionable items to supervisor.
- Learn and remain up-to-date of applicable stipulations of federal and regional (state and local) laws as applicable to HR/Benefits administration, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, OSHA and others.
- Maintain and dispose of documents in the manner of and compliance with applicable laws.
- Conduct presentations and/or training (instructor-led, webinar) on HR Shared Services in field locations as needed. Assist local HR managers with program communication and learning-curve challenges on procedures, sharing leading practices from other locations.
- Assist with Human Resources department tasks as assigned with confidentiality and discretion, demonstrating excellent internal and external customer service.
- Model and maintain the professional and ethical standards of the company and HR profession.
- Apply best practices in customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- PHR certifications favored, 3-5 years’ Benefits experience, 1-3 years’ PeopleSoft/Payroll experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with data entry and HR ERP systems, leave management, benefits and HR records administration strongly preferred.
- Excel experience strongly preferred.