Fullstack Senior Software Engineer
2150 W 29th Ave Denver, CO 80211
Fullstack Developer (Senior Level)
Location: Denver, CO
Our client is in search of a senior-level full stack, Software Engineer who will play a key role in the development and maintenance of commercial software product(s) in building reliable, testable, scalable and high-performing enterprise class products for our customers. The successful candidate must be able to create full stack components and features that are directly accessible through multiple channels including web, mobile or API. You will also work with production support teams to triage priority issues.
You will work with all software product development disciplines (including engineering, architecture, product, quality assurance and systems) to develop and maintain solutions that meet the needs of the business, utilizing industry standard best practices and modern software engineering techniques. Some key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, code, test and debug new product enhancements for commercial software product(s).
- Drive maintainable and reusable solutions that are both secure and adhering to acceptable performance benchmarks.
- Conduct code reviews for peers and/or junior team members.
- Embrace, implement and evangelize test automation (and automation in general) as part of the fabric of the team.
- Participate in the evaluation of emerging technology and tools.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in CS, MIS or related technology field.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 6+ years of Ruby/Rails, Python, Java and/or Golang programming experience.
- Experience programming against SQL, NoSQL, in-memory and distributed SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, CockroachDB)
- Experience with message-brokering middleware such as RabbitMQ and ZeroMQ (0MQ)
- Demonstrated understanding and implementation of software design principles such as SOLID and DI.
- RESTful Architecture experience.
- Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS), multi-tenancy application development.
- Embraces the concepts of Agile Scrum software development and its related collaboration and issue tracking tools (e.g. Freshworks, JIRA, Rally).
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CICD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools.
- Experience working for a SaaS commercial software product company requiring software product usage and high availability in a 24/7/365 model.
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning. e.g. we mostly use Ruby today; we may move to other languages in the future.
- Must be willing to remediate code written by others.
- Team player attitude with a focus on the success of the team is a MUST.
- Must be able to work in a structured development environment and follow coding standards and design patterns.
- Proactively collaborates with other teams/team members across time zones with the upmost professionalism, tact and resolve.
- Cloud experience with AWS, GCP
- Containerization experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Telecom experience including: SIP, VoIP technologies (Asterisk, Freeswitch, Kamailio)