4000 International Pkwy Carrollton, TX 75007
Our client in Carrollton is looking to add a Financial Analyst to their growing team. You will be responsible for the monthly analysis to reconcile the payments reported by our vendors to the payments received in our bank account and to the payments posted on our accounts receivable system. Thorough analysis of variances, resolution of system issues and streamlining processes is a significant part of the job.
- Be the subject matter expert for all products and payment vendors.
- Trouble-shoot system problems, plan for payment vendor changes and implement new systems.
- Work closely with Billing Dept, Operations Dept and IT to resolve reconciliation differences arising from system processing issues.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of cash clearing accounts to determine accuracy and potential system problems, make accounting decisions as to the proper resolution of reconciling differences while meeting department deadlines.
- Reconcile daily posting of payments against payment transaction reports and payments deposited at the bank from vendors.
- Prepare journal entries to record cash transactions, fee revenue and related bad debt reserves.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly motivated; takes ownership of the accuracy of the payment systems for which he/she is responsible
- Able to understand complex system issues arising from multiple call platforms, billing systems and payment vendors
- Excellent analytical, reconciliation, reporting skill.
- Strong to advanced Excel skills, including working with large volumes of data, v-lookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, and macros
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 5 years experience in budgeting, reporting, and analysis
- Proficiency writing SQL queries to analyze large volumes of data