Endpoint Remediation Analyst
501 S 5th Street Richmond, VA 23219
CONTRACT ROLE IN RICHMOND VA
This role will provide reporting, server remediation, automation and scripting services, primarily Microsoft SCCM environment.
• Tier one and two support, configuration and deployment services for endpoints including Windows and Mac based workstations and servers, mobile devices, RF devices and endpoint-facing applications.
• You resolve and complete assigned cases and change requests and act as an escalation point for endpoint support issues.
• You apply new solutions through research and collaboration with the team and determine action plans for new application deployment initiatives.
• The core endpoint remediation duties could include the use and management of System Center Configuration Manager and Jamf Software Server, as well as application deployment, software update deployment, operating system deployment, endpoint protection and endpoint security remediation efforts.
• Monitor group incident and request queues, alert notices and other work request streams for new notifications.
• Complete support incidents and change requests within pre-defined service level agreements.
• Regularly communicate status of incidents and requests with customers and key stakeholders via email, phone and face-to-face as dictated by the severity and circumstances of the incident.
• Maintain updated documentation of all in-progress and completed requests in appropriate systems as required by team management.
• Appropriately escalate incidents and requests using pre-defined processes when required.
• Provide first and second level support and maintenance of the Windows Server environment and all related technologies, including virtualization, hardware, software, printers and storage.
• Act as an on-call agent for team in specified rotation.
• Identify, diagnose and correct problems related to the operating system, software, utilities and hardware.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability endpoint management infrastructure, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled deployments and updates.
• Install, configure and maintain operating system software and third party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
• Creating, altering and generating various SQL based reports from data collected by SCCM
• Reviewing, analyzing, reporting on and deploying software updates to development and production systems
• Investigating, identifying and reporting on issues reportedly tied to software updates or patching
• Identifying and automating remediation processes and/or steps via PowerShell/SCCM
• Working with various business units to increase security compliance of applications and computer systems
• Support business restructuring activities, including new sites and relocations remotely as required.
• Install, configure and document new software and services as dictated by the project.
• Coordinate project activities with project managers and other team members.
Qualified candidates will have:
• 5+ years experience in similar work in large corporate environments.
• Competency with enterprise-level desktop management applications such as Landesk or Alteris. System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Jamf Casper Suite preferred.
• Experience with enterprise-level Software Update Management, Patching and application packaging for Windows and Mac platforms.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Mac-based server and workstation operating systems.
• Advanced knowledge of networking and network infrastructure.
• Strong scripting competency using either VBScript or PowerShell.