3300 Highlands Pkwy SE Smyrna, GA 30082
- Works with business partners, product development teams and senior designers to capture requirements, determine a solution that will integrate with existing BI assets, review prototypes and develop iterative revisions.
- Responsible for leading the design of prototypes and determining final design to ensure client satisfaction with product.
- Conduct impact assessment with business in order and determine high level design and size of effort based on requirements.
- Lead and guide an Informatica based ETL architecture to handle complex business rules while balancing the fulfillment of stringent performance requirements.
- Drive design and determine the ETL requirements for BI projects.
- Perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing overall ETL Informatica architecture, including ETL standards, patterns and best practices.
- Determines organizational strategies for data integrity validation processes.
- Establishes policies and best practices for optimizing ETL data throughput/accessibility
- Identifies opportunities for new architectural initiatives; makes recommendations on the increasing scalability and robustness of ETL platforms and solutions.
- Partner with the Data architect to drive improvements and enhancements to the current data landscape and future strategy.
- Partner with Leadership team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Remain current on new ETL techniques and methodologies and communicate trends and opportunities to management and other developers as needed.
- Identify opportunities for uses of those technologies to enhance current or anticipated information systems and business goals needs
- Support ETL developers by providing technical assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions.
- Playing a key role in mentoring other staff members and a proven track record in knowledge transfer to other team members and departments.
- Evaluates existing applications that could address client requirements and makes recommendations from complex projects.
- Identifies opportunities for solution sharing and reuse.
- Assists in the development of ETL-related Service Level Agreements
- 10 years of experience in modeling and business system designs.
- 8 years hands on experience in Informatica ETL development.
- 5 years of Oracle (or comparable database) experience with BI/DW deployments.
- Proven experience with STAR and SNOWFLAKE schema techniques is desired.
- Proven track record as an ETL Architect
- Strong background in designing ETL packages (Informatica)
- Strong analytical skills and enjoys solving complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate
- Must be a strong team player/leader.
- Strong oral written and interpersonal skills for interacting and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.