Director of Product Management
4721 Morrison Drive Mobile, AL 36609
Director of Product Management
This is a senior Product Management role with responsibility for our core Claims Management and Clearing house product portfolio. Requires strong subject matter expertise in hospital and ambulatory billing practices and billing lifecycle including; workflow, pre-eligibility, denials and attachments as well as solid understanding of EDI and clearinghouse functions. Product Manager, is responsible for defining and driving the strategic path for both current and future Claims Management/Billing and Clearinghouse product lines. He/she will be engaged in decisions regarding product releases and new product opportunities. He/she will provide end-to-end product management of all Claims Management and Clearinghouse Solution including extensions. This includes managing through the development lifecycle as well as working with functional department leaders and executive management to achieve revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction goals.
- Define claims management and clearinghouse product strategy and multi-year product roadmaps with clear objectives and long-term vision, with particular focus on new product opportunities and innovation, and expansion of product market share.
- Work with internal and external customers to understand business problems and desired solutions.
- Translate specialized business, functional and technical knowledge in claims processing, eligibility, pricing, provider contracting, and payments to development projects.
- Execute the essential aspects of Pragmatic Marketing framework, including:
- Creating and maintaining product roadmaps
- Creating and maintaining product MRD’ s and release feature backlog
- Discovery of market segment challenges by engaging with customers and attending market events
- Quantitative validation of discovered challenges
- Competitive analysis
- Translate strategies into actionable requirements for product development. Initiate and analyze market research to understand customer behavior, product satisfaction, changes in healthcare payment models and trends, and emerging clearinghouse service opportunities. Establish clear release objectives based on this information. Regularly review metrics and measures to support closed-loop feedback process which ensures customer satisfaction, competitive advantage, and low-cost enrollment, delivery, and support
- Identify product enhancements that balance a favorable return on investment with customer needs. Assess/determine buy, build and partner decisions.
- Serve as senior sponsor to all business partnerships leveraged within the product line
- Work with development scrum teams on a regular basis to ensure service releases are delivered on scope, on time, and on quality. Collaborate with other departments to ensure product launch Go-To-Market and operational readiness
- Define strategic positioning for our clearinghouse services to assist other areas of the organization in marketing and positioning of these capabilities.
- Product Management experience, preferably in Revenue Cycle Management
- 7+ year’ s minimum experience in a healthcare billing, clearinghouse and EDI preferably with a healthcare information technology company.
- 5+ years of agile product management
- Demonstrated track record within product management
- Ability to work remotely and travel up to 30%
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- Subject matter expert in claims management workflow, billing, clearinghouse and EDI
- Seasoned professional with strong ability to work diplomatically across the organization
- Must have experience working with Engineering in an agile framework
- Ability to manage a small team of product analysts
- Approach to product management uses quantitative and qualitative data and facts
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at the C-level through presentations and general interaction
- Passionate, customer-champion with proven success in producing innovative products, services and supporting processes directly focused on improvement of bottom line results
- Ability to determine clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding product roadmap candidates as well as resourcing and timing
- Experience in building solid business plans which include appropriate ROI and related business analysis and justification.
- Demonstrated healthcare information technology expertise within product domain
- Proficient in MS Office applications including TFS
- Working knowledge of SCRUM and Agile principles as well as Certified Scrum Product Owner certification a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework knowledge, certification a preferred