Director of Corporate Digital Applications
1500 Riveredge Pkwy Atlanta, GA 30328
Director of Corporate Digital Applications
The Director of Corporate Digital Applications will be responsible for developing and maintaining digital systems and middleware platforms as part of the global information technology organization. The role includes an operational aspect to ensure 24x7 availability of company’ s digital presence as well as input into the strategic direction and development of the corporate productivity applications, external digital web presence and intranet.
- Provides senior leadership for all supporting functions of the Digital application development and support team, including solution delivery/SDLC, incident and problem management, strategic planning, financial management and human capital
- Accountable for application development for corporate applications from concept to production, including end to end solution design, build, test and deployment for scope of applications in the portfolio and assigned programs/projects
- Serves as the key technical executive partnering with business and IT stakeholders to ensure overall health (strategic viability, operability currency, scalability and performance) of the business applications in the portfolio
- Service Level Management: ensures availability and responsiveness of production applications per service level agreements by planning and/or executing maintenance activities, restoring service and resolving incidents, exercising problem management to continuously improve the reliability of services relating to digital operations & middleware.
- Monitoring, assessment and demand forecasting of all facets of digital operations including internal & external facing web sites
- Oversee management and support of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) middleware platform to ensure high availability, reliability and scalability to support growing business needs and ensure integrity between communicating systems.
- Evolve a cross functional DevOps strategy working with IT Infrastructure teams enabling automation towards building a next-gen platform
- Ensure Change Management procedures are under compliance.
- Develop roadmaps for technology in scope with an overarching principle of migrating workloads to the cloud.
- Standardize on the tools and technology used to provide the company with a holistic platform for code development and repository suite
- Identify areas of process improvement to improve service performance, stability, and costs.
- Collaborate with engineering and service management teams to ensure operational acceptance of all new services and technology following ITIL methodologies
- Adhere to Global IT Operations Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Lead in continuous improvement of the design and ongoing development of digital services and their associated technology and support processes across the user community.
- Provide responsive action to any high criticality operational incidents occurring during agreed levels of service, e.g. 24x7 and follow-up critical incident management support
- Participate as necessary in Disaster Recovery planning and annual mock exercises to validate integrity of platform.
- Partner with and at the same time, manage strategic vendor relationships and optimize purchasing opportunities to reduce costs.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years total experience, including time spent in a 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise environment
- Deep domain expertise in Middleware platforms such as WebMethods, MQ Series, Liason, IBM B2B Integrator, etc
- Significant development experience in .NET, Java, JSON technologies and other application development environments.
- Experience managing globally distributed high performance teams.
- Successful track record of collaboration and leadership in high performing teams that deliver on operational priorities.
- Experience transforming infrastructure/platform environment from traditional, in-house centric models to global, distributed and cloud centric architecture.
- Strong ITIL and governance background.
- Strong communication skills across a broad range of personnel both across all business functions.
- Ability to work in a virtual global team environment across all time zones.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desired.