Development Automation Engineer
415 East Exchange Parkway Allen, TX 75002
- Be a contributing member of the team that defines and develops automated testing at all phases of the software development lifecycle, including static analysis, unit testing, functional testing and end-to-end feature testing.
- Be able to work with development and QA Engineers to identify opportunities for improvements and to implement solutions.
- Learn and understand the range of internal platforms.
- Work with various engineers and architects within the platforms and products teams to improve our adoption of industry best practices for cloud, on premise, and IoT security.
- Communicate effectively to others within the organization.
- Drive new capabilities and requirements leading improved DevOps pipeline efficiency and improved code/feature quality and to support Full Continuous Delivery
- Key Accountabilities
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
- Implements the appropriate level of engineering process, rigor, and cross functional review.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering technology standards.
- Able to actively recognize inefficiencies in the DevOps CI/CD pipeline and drive change to improve.
- Contributes to design reviews with technical solutions for product improvement.
- Fosters teamwork among peers.
- Starts and finishes tasks with minimal management oversight.
- Maintains a positive attitude throughout typical work-related challenges.
- Interfaces well with individuals outside of engineering.
- A balance between passion and objectivity.
- Communicates effectively to peers.
- Organizes time and workflow to maximum productivity.
- Demonstrated aptitude in recognizing and solving problems.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’ s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or relevant engineering discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with on premise software development, and cloud-based development and deployment of software-as-a-service.
- Experience using an active CD Pipeline to push to production at least once daily
- Experience developing with Windows OS including but not limited to:
- Visual Studio 2017, IntelliJ or VSCode
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Performance tuning for different hardware requirements
- Knowledge of leading test automation technology and techniques, such as NUnit, XUnit, Resharper, Sonar Qube, Selenium, TestNG, etc.
- System thinker with understanding of software system architecture, API design, and system security.
- Knowledge in best practices for implementing security in both cloud systems and IoT products.
- Knowledge of modeling end-to-end performance in complex systems in heterogeneous environments.
- Ability to balance processes and innovation. Apply enough processes to improve efficiencies and increase predictability without loss of creativity.
- Knowledge of application development using Java, C# and Python using object-oriented analysis and design techniques.
- Experience with Docker is very important.
- Experience and familiarity with Agile development, including CI / CD.
- Knowledge of massively scalable multitenant cloud-based systems, preferably moving large amounts of data every second, and the testing and monitoring needed to keep them operational.
Additional Experience that is a Plus
- Experience with .NET and Azure, PowerShell, TCP/IP, RESTful APIs, and mobile app development.
- Experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.