616 East Walnut Ave. Dalton, GA 30720
Job Title: Department/Process Leader (Dalton, Cartersville, Ringgold GA)
Position Overview: To provide technical expertise and leadership and coordinate and direct the efforts of all staffing, materials, and equipment within the department to meet safety, quality, and efficiency targets for a manufacturing process organization.
- Solve complex technical, chemical processing problems and develop product and process innovations using chemical engineering expertise.
- Manage department in terms of Safety, Quality, Productivity & Cost performance.
- Lead and develop team, both direct and indirect reports.
- Hold regular developmental meetings with Direct Reports and ensure individual development plans are in place for each.
- Establish goals for the department and implement & champion projects as necessary to ensure performance aligns with the goals.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, manage the hiring, discipline, and termination processes for the department.
- Ensure associate and management level issues are handled in a timely manner and ensure resolution is communicated to all parties involved.
- Lead innovation and process improvement efforts using technical and statistical methods.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3 years of process engineering experience.
- 1 year of department manager level experience
- Demonstrated experience working with extrusion processes, preferably on multiple polymer platforms (eg. PET, Nylon, Polypropylene, Polyethylene)
- Demonstrated experience working with solution dyed color processes.
- Demonstrated experience working with yarn twisting processes.
- Experience with slit-film processes are a plus, but not required.
- Project management/project leadership experience.