Database Administrator III
2900 Westside Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30004
ETG- Database Administrator III-
The SQL Server Database Engineer (Staff) provides database administration and system support for existing production database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, patch installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Help lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
• Create and support databases across internal and end-user applications.
• Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
• Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
• Administer database security across all database environments.
• Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
• Prepare periodic reports regarding unit’ s activities and goal attainment.
• Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
• Mentor/train lower level database administrators.
• Help coordinate larger-sized projects through assignment of tasks and managing the workload of staff.
• Support application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
• Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Job Related Experience:
• Minimum 4 years of database related experience.
• Prior experience with the following is preferred: SQL Clustering, Strong Transact-SQL & MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup and recovery methods, Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Database capacity planning, and Users and Role creation and monitoring.
• Experience in third party tools like Quest Software SQL LiteSpeed, Quest Software SpotLight, Quest Foglight and Quest Foglight Performance Analysis.
• Experience in SQL 2008R2/2012/2014/2016 database management and related products from Microsoft including Powershell, Windows 2008R2/2012 Server and desktop operating systems.
• SCOM 2012 is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
• Proven ability to manage projects.
• Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
• Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
• Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.