Data Systems Consultant
2111 Wilson Blvd Arlington, VA 22201
The ETL and Data Systems Consultant is responsible for delivering data integration solutions using the companies software suite. This role will work on on-site and off-site project engagements and must have client facing interpersonal skills. This role is also responsible for data integration design and support for company software, as well as on-site implementation projects for new clients.
- Meet with customers (on-site and teleconferencing) to gather requirements around the client use case and business requirements for data integration.
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement and support user acceptance testing of the solution built using the company' s suite of tools.
- Provide accurate information on the progress of development of the solution to the Director of Services for status updates. Raise any issues or concerns that might affect the delivery of a solution based on agreed upon timelines.
- Provide knowledge transfer to clients on the delivered solution and answer questions from clients as needed
- Assist in Product Demos for potential clients as needed
- Assist on Proof of Concept (POC)s for potential clients as needed
- Prepare, manage, and facilitate on-site Customer Training workshops and Implementations as needed
- perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and ability to work proficiently with ETL Systems; SQL scripting; CTL scripting, Database Systems (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, Postgres, MongoDB); Unix shell; Web Services; Java; Source Control SVN; Analytics software knowledge.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, or a closely related field from a four-year College or University; Masters or PhD in Computer Science is strongly preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience with testing methodologies, software development and principals, and testing best practices in a business environment
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate (both oral and written) results to a wide audience, as well as explain difficult and complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to build company image by collaborating and building relationships with customers
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills