Data Governance Analyst
10 Glenlake Pkwy , North Tower Atlanta, GA 30328
Sr. Data Governance Analyst role is an exciting opportunity to bring about data driven transformation and drive execution of enterprise-wide, governance and management of data assets, enabling business via effective use of data while minimizing privacy, security, operational and reputational risks associated with data.
- Collaborate with business unit and/or project stakeholders, data stewards, data owners and data custodians in collecting business artifacts for governance and management of data assets, as defined in policy and standards as well as issue resolution activities related to data quality
- Operationalize the process of defining and implementing above requirements and processes
- Implement appropriate processes related to defining data requirements, establishing and documenting data policy decisions
- Implement and advance acceptance/usage of data governance & management tools for metadata management, data lineage, business glossary, data issue management, etc.
- Ensure policies and data definitions are understood and broadly communicated across the enterprise
- Manage various aspects for data governance and management communication plan including periodic updates to program page on company portal, managing collateral for data governance training
- Assist team in coordinates activities related to issue remediation, escalations, prioritizations, etc among business units and other data relevant functions (e.g. privacy, infosec, technology and analytics, internal audit, enterprise risk management) such that data life cycle management occurs in accordance with privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR, CCPA) and information security requirements
- Bachelor’ s Degree with 4-5 years of experience working in a complex technology driven business, and cross-functional environment, including but not limited to governance, compliance, security, application development, enterprise-wide data– centric functions/initiatives, process improvement.
- 3+ years of experience in business facing roles such as Product Management, Program/Project Management, Client Services
- 2+ years of experience in payment industry preferred
- Awareness of data management/data governance concepts, approaches, and keen understanding of the role of data governance in successful implementation of data strategy
- Understanding of data lifecycle & supply chain from the point of inception/creation to its consumption, retention/archival and destruction