Data/Business Analyst- Insurance
56 Perimeter Center East, Ste 500 Atlanta, ga 30346
The Business Analyst/Data Analyst is responsible for leveraging data and new and existing tools and expertise related to solving client and internal underwriting needs. Under the direction of underwriting business development, this individual will successfully deliver concrete results by combining data analysis and client facing and vendor feedback. The individual will make independent decisions regarding client and internal business metrics.
- Department expert for all internal data sources. Take UW officer ideas and create a presentation product for client-facing.
- Meet with clients to better understand their needs and better offer the feedback required to drive a positive UW/Medical message
- Support various projects and provide management with recommendations Emphasis will be on client-impacting initiatives.
- Timely communication of project progress.
- Creating method of reporting business metrics post-deployment of new implementations.
- Analyzing and evaluating underwriting data to make appropriate decisions within the scope of authority, and beyond authority, to suggest process or client messaging improvements to managers and UW Marketing.
- Recommend a course of action to the department officer, focusing primarily supporting implementation of new and innovative approaches to risk selection, while understanding and leveraging existing methods.
- Document custom client solutions and support the Underwriting/Medical department in the areas of risk management, underwriting and leveraging existing and new data sources to provide protective underwriting value. This will require collaboration with clients/vendors to optimize client solutions underwriting programs in light of underwriting philosophy and desired customer experience.
- Support internal operational efficiencies and data projects (e.g., enhanced internal and external audit processes, DI benchmarking).
- Experience with life underwriting data and operations. Eagerness to offer fresh perspective with strong work ethic with high level of curiosity are essential.
- Experience with reporting to external clients and internal upper management.
- Very strong MS office skills, especially Excel.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities including statistical analysis
- Familiarity with Tableau or MS Power BI a plus
- Ability to learn new systems and become subject matter expert on those systems
- Work with large databases to infer trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects/ requests simultaneously