Cloud Solutions Architect
11432 Lackland Road St. Louis, MO 63146
- Establish high-level solutions for given requirements in the form of architecture diagrams, models, constraints and principles
- Develop and maintain architecture deliverables necessary to illustrate system behavior, including usage models, and cost of ownership models and failure analysis model
- Ensure that the solution is aligned with the technology strategy, uses standard solution building blocks and can be built and operated in an efficient manner aligned with the economic value of the project.
- Provide technical and thought leadership, lead technical initiatives, collaborate with and solicit participation from other teams.
- Ensure the system design meets Legal, Regulatory, Privacy, Security and Compliance requirements.
- Hands on work with the engineering teams on POCs, implementation, code reviews etc.
- Lead and coach a team of developers.
- Bachelor’ s or Master' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of Relevant experience in software development.
- 1+ years of Java stack experience as a developer, designer, and architect with a deep understanding of Java design patterns, building APIs and Microservices.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate architecture/design proposals and negotiate options with other teams.
- Proficiency using CI/CD technologies (build and source code control tools and processes like Git, Jenkins, and Maven)
Extra points for the following:
- 1+ Years of Experience as an Solutions architect with an emphasis on cloud hosted solutions (GCP preferred, AWS/Azure acceptable for the right candidate)
- Experience with GCP offerings such as GKE, Big Query, Dataflow, Pub/Sub and Others.
- Experience with Cloud-managed database technologies (e.g. relational and no-SQL). Able to write complex SQL queries.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Data Studio, Jupyter, Looker, Tableau. Hands-on experience is a big plus.
- Associate or Professional level Cloud certification (GCP/AWS).
- Experience working with ETL tools.