Cloud & Media Solutions Architect
4000 International Pkwy Carrollton, TX 75007
The Architect will be responsible for understanding industry standards and best practices, keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies, understanding and evaluating complex business functions and processes, operational requirements and procedures. Will be melding these to form a set of comprehensive and coherent plans to support and enhance company media platform.
- Responsible for the architecture and design of media platform.
- Evaluation, selection and implementation of tools/technologies/standards/frameworks as needed.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers.
- Conduct research into current and emerging technologies and issues in support of development efforts.
- Participate and/or lead project teams as a technical resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate and/or lead team initiatives with other Architects/Engineers for new technology introductions / deployments and establishing best-practice recommendations.
- Coach and mentor other delivery, quality assurance, and support personnel.
- Follow established company architecture standards and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in computer science or related discipline
- 14+ years of development/ architecture experience
- OR equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience with most of the technologies below
- AWS technology stack focusing on serverless architectures
- Android ecosystem specifically download manager and the intent framework
- Familiarity with large scale media content delivery over the internet
- Relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL/MS SQL/Oracle
- NoSQL technologies such as Elastic
- Microservices using Node.js
- Streaming/messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, multi-data center systems.
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and development efforts.
- Creating architecture models and views.
- Excellent knowledge of different application/communication protocols, and performance analysis tools.
- Experience with e-commerce, intranet, and extranet development.