Cloud IT Project Manager
3100 Windy Hill Road Atlanta, GA 30339
The Cloud Project Manager is responsible for taking business strategy leading mission critical cloud initiatives to success. This will involve developing a project plan, schedule and budget that reflect the business and IT stakeholder objectives, identifying and engaging project resources, driving to a clear definition of scope and controlling the project success as measured against KPIs. The PM must balance driving a matrixed project team to accomplish project objective while managing resource constraints, schedules, financials and adhering to stage gate, quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
The Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis, verify that the project produces the business objectives, within the specified constraints of time and cost, and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. We are seeking a strong, personable leader, comfortable with owning and driving the success of projects within a very dynamic environment. While not a technical role, a strong background in Enterprise Information Technology will serve the PM well. The PM will regularly be interacting with all levels of IT and business management up to the CIO, therefore strong communications skills, a dynamic personality and organizational awareness are critical. The PM will be responsible for managing a small collection of projects in the Cloud space and assisting with Cloud Program management tasks such as project intake, pipeline management, etc.
• 10+ years of experience in IT Project Management, PMO and/or Program Management.
• Proven track record of delivering large complex IT projects from ideation through the monitoring and control phase of the project lifecycle
• Demonstrated use of sound and proven project management practices and tools, including excellent MS Project and Office skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills within all levels of the organization. Able to cultivate a strong inter and intra departmental relationship to promote a positive, execution focused work environment.
• Confident project team leader and consensus builder with strong motivational skills who has managed large cross-functional project teams.
• Adept in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Able to manage internal customer relationships and expectations, through negotiation and partnering.
• Able to work effectively in a complex, diverse, and changing environment.
• Adapts well to, and is energized by, change while maintaining focus on key business goals and individual objectives.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills. Experience analyzing data and summarizing in reporting for project participants at all levels
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical business partners.
• Understands that documentation and paperwork are critical to successful communication and demonstrates utilizing these tools appropriately.
• Proven ability to identify, mitigate and address project risks.
• Experience with change management components and execution related to a project.
• Demonstrates strong business knowledge across functional areas
• Experienced delivering successful projects within strong ITSM environments
• Demonstrated history of owning their project’ successfully to conclusion
• Strong understanding of Cloud concepts in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
• Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud IaaS migrations a strong plus however, other providers will be considered
• Successfully managed a large-scale migration from On-Prem data centers to IaaS Cloud environments.
• Knowledge of traditional Virtualization environments a plus
• Knowledge and experience managing enterprise-class Networking and security projects in the WAN and Data center spaces
• PMP or related certification REQUIRED
• Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent professional experience required
• Manage complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Drive project delivery to meet stakeholder objectives while maintaining project delivery quality
• Works with Business and IT Stakeholder to develop the vision of the project and documents project scope, plan and charter
• Identifies resource requirements and works with line of business management to garner resource commitments to the project
• Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
• Responsible for managing large complex IT projects throughout the full project life cycle – from ideation, planning, resourcing, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure
• Creates and manages project schedules, stakeholder communication plan, budget (planned, actual and forecast), scope management plan, risk management plan and other project planning documents as necessary.
• Via an understanding and appreciation of organization change dynamics, designs and implements appropriate Organizational Change Management plans to insure adoption and acceptance.
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership and takes corrective action, as necessary.
• Leads effective meetings including providing meeting agendas, minutes and clear action items.
• Manages project teams in the delivery of projects/programs on time, within scope and on budget.
• Interfaces regularly with project team members, sponsors and executive leaders to define project priorities and assess implementation opportunities and challenges.
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and stakeholders
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Produces outstanding results by being proactive, driven, and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive outcomes, and contributing to business success.