Cloud Engineer (AWS)
Atlanta, GA 30328
- Work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware
- Maintain and transform traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring.
- Design of cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS using industry best practices
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations and deployments.
- Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation utilizing standardized tooling and processes.
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
- Assist developments teams with designing new applications with a “ cloud-native” approach to application architecture.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years experience with utilizing, configuring, and installing software for connecting distributed software and services across heterogeneous platforms.
- At least 4 years experience within a total information technology (IT) environment.
- Technical experience in building infrastructure and applications for elasticity, resiliency, and recoverability (Site Reliability Experience)
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline and/ or equivalent related development experience in lieu of degree
- 7 years of experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)
- 2 years of experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (AWS strongly preferred)
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- 2 years of experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, including the use of Git to automate workflow of code from development to production.