Business Systems Analyst - PP/MM
1500 Riveredge Pkwy Suite 100 Atlanta, GA 30328
Business Systems Analyst – SAP PP/MM
Our client is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of “ Business Systems Analyst – SAP PP/MM”. As an expert in SAP Production Planning and Materials Management modules and processes, the mission of this position is to analyze business issues and to identify projects and technologies which will enable significant operational improvements in the corporation’ s supply chain and manufacturing planning functions. The Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both business needs and a solid understanding of industry requirements and best practices. In addition, the Analyst may function as a project manager to coordinate and facilitate the work of cross-functional company resources assigned to technology projects. This position may also assist in routine maintenance for specific modules in the company’ s suite of business applications. This position collaborates with business process owners to foster a positive IT customer relations environment.
The SAP Business Systems Analyst is responsible for the following functions:
- Define information business systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future, i.e., take into account Company growth and customer service objectives.
- Develop working relationships with a diverse group of business people and gain an understanding of the complex nature of the Company’ s business. Maintain familiarity with the business plans of the Company and the departments serviced. Remain knowledgeable of information technology and Company business operations.
- Responsible for assisting user and IT management in setting priorities within the supply chain and manufacturing planning area and work with IT Leadership to communicate with senior management.
- Work with more experienced Business Systems Analysts. Participate on project team, completing individual responsibilities, providing input on resources needed, and consulting schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project. Familiar with the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively complete the activities of the work team.
- Provide support for designated application systems. Augment and facilitate the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems.
- Provide guidance in creating standards, testing procedures, version control, etc. Maintain a professional awareness of tools and techniques that might be used to improve the quality of service.
- Other duties as assigned
- Project Management
- Ensures all projects are executed in accordance to the company’ s established IT governance practices
- Foster cross-functional relationships inter- and intra-departmentally for effective project management
- Execute assigned projects and track the completion of major milestones
- 4+ years IT experience including 2 years in SAP PP and MM modules. Experience in both implementation and application support is desired. General experience should include systems architecture and business processes similar to those at the company.
- 1 year project management experience
- Experience in SAP discrete production order process required
- Experience in SAP repetitive manufacturing process required
- Experience in SAP MRP process required
- Experience in SAP PP Master Data (materials, BOM, routings, work centers required
- Experience in SAP PP-PI a plus
- Experience in SAP variant config a plus
- Experience in shop floor reporting/interfaces required
- Experience in production scheduling required
- Experience in SCM/APO a plus
- Experience in SAP capacity planning a plus
- Experience in SAP SOP or IBP process a plus
- 4-year college degree in general or IT-Related field required. Equivalent work experience considered.