Business Intelligence Manager
6195 Barfield Rd. Atlanta, GA 30328
Business Intelligence Manager
Location: Atlanta GA
Skills: Power BI, ETL, Data warehousing, leadership
Summary: This leadership position will develop data solutions to assist in the advancement of initiatives needed to support our clients business growth and operations across key customer segments. It includes the creation of analytical solutions used to manage operational programs and mentoring other data analytics resources on how to best provide value to the organization.
- Support the development of metrics needed to manage business operations.
- Manage the compilation, analysis, and reporting of data to forecast trends.
- Design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and requests utilizing Microsoft Power BI, and other data visualization tools.
- Document and understand project requirements, reporting data mapping and data warehouse repositories for assigned programs.
- Receive and respond to data requests to ensure projects in queue are accurately prioritized
- Ensure reports are scheduled, audited and delivered according to agreed upon expectations and established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Develop and execute acceptance test plans to ensure data warehouse structures, universes, and associated data accurately meet business requirements.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Advanced Data Analysis Expression (DAX) calculations, and Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
- Ability to design, create and implement reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and delivered according to client expectations and established SLAs.
- Significant data mining, analysis, and reporting experience, and some experience with IT and/or operations project management
- Experience with defect management, tracking and reporting tools.
- Good analytical aptitude with Problems solving approach, root cause identification skills, and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, with proven strong interpersonal and team building skills, and who can work well with both technical and non-technical resources. Experience developing partnerships with the technical, business, and sales teams.
- Meet deadlines by providing accurate estimations and by mitigating risks
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to lead and conduct customer meetings and understand business needs.
Education and/or Experience
5+ years of experience and 1+ years of managerial experience. Ideal candidate will hold a Bachelors degree in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required skills. A Masters degree is a plus. Freight forwarding industry experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to prepare manuals and instructions in English using technical language
- Ability to speak, write and read Spanish or Italian is a plus
20% travel may be required.