Business Intelligence Lead
3300 Highlands Pkwy SE Smyrna, GA 30082
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for creating business value for the company by understanding data environment, designing data and reporting strategies, implementing best practices to ensure business needs/requirements are achieved. Work closely with team members and business partners to interpret the data and implement solutions that create visibility for internal management and operations.
- Technical lead for BI related projects requiring estimating, prioritizing, overseeing and escalating as required.
- Document and understand project requirements, reporting data mapping and data warehouse repositories for assigned programs.
- Assess business requests for opportunities for automation and tool advancement, document conceptual solution options
- Work collaboratively with the data warehouse and reporting teams to ensure end solution is a viable go forward solution, and will exceed business expectations
- Process and Data Analysis (as is and to be)
- Design and implement where required reports to analyze and display data for all assigned projects and requests utilizing MicroStrategy, and other data visualization tools.
- Develop and execute where required acceptance test plans to ensure data warehouse structures, associated data and reports accurately meet business requirements.
- Deep understanding of data warehousing and reporting, with the ability to interpret business needs and identify process improvement
- Advanced knowledge of MicroStrategy architecture and data warehouse architecture
- Experience with enterprise data warehousing including an in-depth understanding of dimensional data modeling
- Experience with Dashboard design / visualization tools preferred
- Understanding of Informatica PowerCenter as an extraction, transformation and loading tool
- Attention to detail with a high level of understanding of how to produce accurate and meaningful metrics to create efficient and interactive reporting and business insights
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years of related experience and 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills
- Master’ s degree is a plus.