Plano, TX 75023
Contract role in Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA
Working as a Business Analyst, you will act as a liaison between the business client and the application teams. You will be expected to leverage your technical & functional expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing basic systems. You will have the business knowledge and perspective of a particular business and the IT needs of that business unit. Acting as a liaison representing your department by gathering business specifications and requirements. You will be the primary contact to IT for that particular business unit’ s needs that are moderately complex in nature.
• Coordinate and report on project schedule, milestone, percent complete and critical path items
• Determine operational needs by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats, design new computer programs by reviewing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
• Defining project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
• Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
• Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and provide training to users.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information
• Responsible for preparing technical reports by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing information and trends. Prepare cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Review information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering