Application Support Engineer
8310 N Capital of Texas Hwy, Building 2, Ste 250 Austin, TX 78731
Analyst uses creative problem solving to produce electronic documents for display across many different kinds of interfaces and systems. Uses proprietary tools to disassemble data streams into their component pieces then reassemble them into data sets that are presented across a number of different electronic media formats. Analyst works closely with both customers and other departments to analyze options and help customers meet their business need to present documents to their clients electronically.
• Effectively manages multiple projects across multiple phases by owning inputs and managing deliverables under minimal supervision.
• Clearly articulates customer needs to the teams to enable collaborative problem solving.
• Works closely with other departments to develop, deploy, and maintain tools and products that improve our ability to meet customer needs. .
• Evaluates implications of changes to data and articulates implications to project team.
• Works with project team to analyze options and variables available with a data set so effective choices can be made and risk mitigated.
• Competently processes all industry standard data sets and identifies unique attributes of each type.
• Accurately predicts and quotes time to complete tasks based on assumptions you help identify.
• Defines User Acceptance tests to ensure products meet project goals
• Identifies root causes on issues and articulates cause, scope of risk, and options to mitigate risk moving forward.
• Understands and articulates impact and interaction of other tools for options available to customers.
• Comprehensively documents and effectively trains others on best practices as solutions are implemented.
• Navigates hosted server/infrastructure environment to quickly locate and identify data or resources required to move a project forward.
• Uses internal applications to create necessary configuration files to transform print files into electronic documents that are searchable by an end user
• Automates process of transforming print files into electronic documents ustlizing WinBatch
• Understands how the product is used by customers and applies knowledge to solution customer needs.
• Completes required operating records such as time allocation reports, support tickets, etc.
• Performs other duties as required
• Associate degree in technology or equivalent experience required
• BA/BS preferred?
• Minimum of 2 years of work-related experience with Print and Document composition
• Strong foundational knowledge of AFP, PDF, XML, and other output formats
• Experience with full document lifecycle management (from data extraction to document composition)
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex systems in a manner that allows options to be understood and helps to facilitate decision making.
• Experience with WinBatch or other programming language.