Application Development Manager
2170 Piedmont Road Atlanta, GA 30324
Application Development Manager
Education: M.S. degree in Computer Science or Information Systems major. Equivalent experience may substitute for requirements.
Experience: Has a minimum of 10+ years of professional experience.
Summary: Technical expert-level position.
- Analyzes requirements and develops effective solutions.
- Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, generally involving the larger and more important assignments or more than one assignment.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results and recommends major changes in procedures.
- Serves as application expert/adviser for at least one area of the business.
- Oversees system design and technical aspects of a project.
- Communicate between technical team and project manager.
- Potential to lead a team of developers on a project.
- Possesses and applies an advanced, comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of all aspects of application development.
- Is expert in translating user requirements into programs.
- Has expert level of business knowledge in at least one area and a high-level of knowledge in several other areas
- Possesses strong leadership, organization, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of RBS policies and procedures and contributes to the development and maintenance of these procedures.
- Typically an expert in at least one technology domain and has an in-depth knowledge of several.
- Has a flexible perspective and willingness to expand technical skillset.
- Has proven experience in leading assignment/projects
- Has demonstrated strong project planning skills.
- Has made a significant contribution to projects
- Understands internal/external clients; may require awareness of external trends and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the role of Senior Programmer/Analyst.
- Serves as application expert/advisor for at least one business area.
- Responsible for the systems design and technical implementation of both custom developed applications and integrated packaged software.
- Acts as the main contact point for all of the technical aspects of the project.
- Oversees all system design and technical aspects of a project.
- Ensures 100% SOX and Internal Audit compliance for the technical aspects of a project.
- Responsible for communicating between the technical team and the project manager.
- May lead a team of developers on a project.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team members in design and development methodology.
- Advises on technical issues and serve as top-tier technical support to the team and users.
- Promotes adoption of standards and process improvements across development activities including testing, version control, and code review.
- Communicates and collaborates with all project team members to ensure high quality and timely product delivery on the technical side of the project.
- Works with the management of the technical resources to manage project/resource plans and schedules.
- Works with the technical team to prepare time estimates, schedules for the technical side of the project plan.
- Provides the project manager with timely updates on the technical side of the project plan.
- Ensure all technical designs are fully documented.
- Provides guidance for others in multiple, complex technical areas.
- Mentors team members in technical patterns, practices and standards.
- Provides on-call and remote support as needed