Remote, IN | Contract
Seeking a technical writer with at least 6 years’ experience creating end user documentation using a variety of input methods including functional specifications, storyboards, and direct feedback from manager, colleagues, Business Analysts, and other key stakeholders.
Documents may include process and module documents (user guides), technical reference docs, help files, critical system updates, release notes containing features and defects, and companion installation documents.
Experience working at a financial institution (bank/credit union) or other financial agency is helpful, though not required. This is a mid-level, work-from-home writing position.
- Bachelor’ s degree in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Business, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Solid experience authoring and editing end user documents including process/workflow documentation, release notes, technical reference docs, and help files for distribution within (and external to) a corporate setting.
- Strong aptitude for learning new software applications and systems.
- Ability to follow defined styles, standards, and templates.
- Ability to accomplish tasks according to defined delivery schedules and accommodate shifting dates and priorities.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems and escalate complex matters to a supervisor or colleagues.
- Works effectively in a remote office environment.
- Superb written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Can organize and prioritize multiple projects in an agile software development cycle.
- Ability to collaborate with individuals and teams across the organization.