Technical Quality Assurance Analyst IV
2 Gatehall Dr Parsippany, NJ 07054 | Contract
The Senior QA Engineer role entails quality assurance leadership throughout the entire development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, development, manual and automated testing, and post-delivery test support. The individual will partner with development, product, release, and project management to understand business and system requirements to execute and deliver results following quality processes and guidelines.
- Review and analyze requirements and technical documents, where available, by implementing and conducting formal requirements walkthroughs/inspections.
- Learn, master and eventually take ownership of the internally developed test automation framework.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and scripts for technical testing.
- Define the scope and test approach/strategy for system, integration, data integrity and document the same.
- Perform end-to-end and technical testing, coordination with various teams as needed.
- Design manual UI test cases for system testing and document them in test management tool.
- Define, build, and maintain test data sets and reusable test data libraries.
- Log, track and manage issues throughout their lifecycle using JIRA.
- Manage test environment usage, including coordinating with the release management and admin teams, for all changes to the test environment during test execution (e.g. new code builds, patches, upgrades, etc).
- Facilitate test meetings with system, development staff and business throughout to coordinate reviews, planning, and execution.
- Working knowledge of Java and J2EE fundamentals
- Strong data testing – SQL database query tools
- Proven ability to create, design, and execute comprehensive and air-tight manual and automated tests plans, and automating regression test suites
- Proven experience with defect tracking applications (JIRA preferred)
- Familiarity testing within an Agile development environment desired.
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools.
- Solid oral and written communication skills to interact with all levels internally and externally.
- Possesses a positive, quality-oriented, reliable, and flexible attitude.
- Ability to hit the ground running with strong business acumen.
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
- 5 to 8+ years of QA experience.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar desired.